Cautions, care and storage
If service or repair is required, contact support to organise for the unit to be returned.
Do not disassemble
If the unit is disassembled it will render the device inoperable and void its warranty.
- Always store terminal in a cool, dry place.
- Store terminal in a secure locked office or cabinet to prevent theft.
- If you expect to use the terminal within 4 weeks, the battery must be fully charged beforehand.
- If you don't expect to use the terminal for a longer period of time, the battery must be fully charged and periodically checked and recharged every 3 months. Doing so will ensure the terminal maintains its security information and will be ready for use when needed.
- When storing a terminal with a printer for longer than six months, the printer door must be kept open/ajar such that the Paper Feed roller is not in contact with the Thermal Print head. If the paper feed roller and rint head have had prolonged direct contact, the feed roller can become damaged and may affect normal operation.
Charge units before storage
Failure to maintain adequate battery charge may result in the loss of stored information on the terminal, subsequently the terminal will need to be returned for recommissioning. If you have any concerns about this, please contact support.
- Do not disassemble terminal. Doing so will 'tamper' the device and void the warranty.
- Do not use terminal whilst in control of a vehicle.
- Do not use this equipment in an extreme environment where high temperature or high humidity exists.
- Do not leave the terminal in a vehicle in direct full sun.
- Do not drop, knock or violently shake terminal. Rough handling can potentially damage the glass display, internal circuitry and mechanics.
- Do not expose this equipment to rain or spilled beverages. Avoid contact with other metal objects to avoid unsightly scratches. Scratches to glass or plastics are considered fair wear and tear and are not covered by the warranty.
All terminals are fitted with a 3040mAh lithium ion battery. The following practices are recommended to maximize the battery life and ensure safety when battery is removed from the terminal.
- Only charge using the supplied QT850 charge dock accessory.
- The battery performs at its optimum in an ambient temperature of 0°C to +45°C.
Important battery warnings
- Never short-circuit the Battery pack, as it may overheat and cause a fire.
- Keep the battery pack away from jewelry and other metal objects.
- Never dispose of the battery pack in a fire. It could explode and release harmful substances into the environment.
- Never dispose of the battery pack with your regular waste. Speak to your local council or authority regarding battery disposal.
Your terminal may contain a SIM card to provide cellular connectivity. This SIM card is situated in the rear of the terminal beneath the battery.
- Never remove the SIM card unless instructed by support.
- Your SIM will only work in the terminal it was shipped with. Do not attempt to place the SIM in another terminal or device.
To keep your device looking its best and remain hygienic for your customers, regularly clean your terminal.
For general cleaning, wipe down the terminal with a lint-free microfiber cloth lightly dampened with clean water. For stubborn stains or build up, add a drop of dish washing liquid to a tub of water, then dampen the cloth with this solution. Never spray liquids directly onto the terminal. Always spray onto the cloth first.
When wiping, do not allow excess moisture to seep into the card openings and gaps across the terminal.
After cleaning, wipe the terminal with a clean, dry cloth.
To clean the glass, use a glasses cleaning cloth or a clean, dry, non-abrasive cloth to gently remove loose dirtor smudges.
To clean the card readers (magnetic stripe reader or smart card reader), use a card reader cleaning card available from Quest. Contact our support team for details.