Troubleshooting and FAQ
Common Resolution Steps
Many problemscan be solved by reading the questions and answers provided here. Consult the FAQ section below and follow these steps if required.
I've forgotten my Refund or Merchant passcode
Go to Cloud EFTPOS set your passcode using these instructions.
I've forgotten my password to Cloud EFTPOS
Go to https://mel.cloudeftpos.com. On the Sign In screen choose Forgot your password?, enter your email address and tap Send. You will receive an email with instructions for resetting your password.
Can I enter card details manually so I can process phone and mail orders?
Yes. Follow the instructions found here.
Why are MOTO and Manual Entry not available
Due to the increased chances of chargebacks using this method of payment, you may need to contact your provider to enable these features. Contact Support for more information on how to register for this capability.
My terminal displays 'Device Tampered'
If the terminal detects any attempt to modify it then it will respond by 'Tampering’ and display 'Unit Tampered'. This protection occurs regardless of whether the terminal is powered up or not. When the device Tampers it erases all sensitive information, such as the Acquirer / Bank keys used for transaction processing.
The device will not be able to perform any transactions from this point on. The device needs to be returned to Quest to reset the tamper condition. The device indicates a tamper response by displaying a particular message once the tamper event occurred.
Contact Support to arrange the repair of your terminal should your unit display that it has been tampered.
How can I view my sales history?
You can view your sales history from Cloud EFTPOS and going to the Reports section. There are a variety of reports which help you see your transaction history, complete reconcilliation and see helpful business insights.
Blank Screen / terminal isn’t turning on
- Ensure the battery is charged to a sufficient level. Additional information on the battery state can be found using the status light.
- Reboot the terminal by following these instructions.
- If the problem persists, contact support.
Why is my printer not printing?
- Open the printer hatch and ensure the paper is correctly inserted and isn't caught on anything.
- The paper roll must be inserted the correct way around. See instructions here to ensure it is.
- Check to see if there is any damage to the paper roll. Replace roll if necessary.
- Ensure the printer hatch is closed completely. There are clips on both sides - ensure that as you close the lid you feel them click into place and the cover is level with its surrounds.
How do I check if my terminal able to access the network?
Perform a Host Log-On in the QT850 dashboard by following these instructions:
|1||Select the Menu button (3 horizontal lines) from the top edge of the display and then the Host Logon button.|
|2||Review the receipt which should display 'Approved'. If you receive any other error, look up the error code and take the recommended steps to rectify.|
If you can successfully perform a host log-on, but still cannot transact, please contact our technical support team on support.
How do I get more paper rolls?
Call support to order more paper rolls for your terminal printer.
Why is my printer not printing?
- Check the paper roll has been put in the right way up. See printing section for instructions on how to do this. Make sure the printer cover is closed.
Any Other Issues
For any other issues, please contact Support and we will help you in any way we can!